Subject: Re: [Leica] Aberlour a'bunadh...
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 06:32:57 EDT

In a message dated 10/10/03 2:44:36 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
nickbroberts@yahoo.co.uk writes:

> I should hope so too! Ice is the worst thing that can
>  happen to a single malt short of a mixer. Barbaric
>  American habit! A splash of water is fine - indeed
>  with cask strength malts, it can make all the
>  difference. But ice! Ice (or chilling) simply dulls
>  your palate so that you can't taste the complexity of
>  the drink - fair enough if it's Bud, when you want to
>  disguise the lack of taste, but any single malt, nay,
>  any whisky that needs ice isn't worth drinking.
Is it possible to mix beer with anything else without ruining it? To fully
appreciate a fine dark beer, IMHO, is to 1}limit yourself to one glass; 2) cool
slightly to American taste; 3) the glass must be absolutely clean; 4) the only
other accompanying food in very small quantity should be exquisitely baked
fresh salmon in the Irish tradition. A first rate beer should be experienced as
touch football with all the lingering effects within one's taste buds.

br

Replies: Reply from D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg> (Re: [Leica] Aberlour a'bunadh...)
Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] Aberlour a'bunadh...)