Subject: RE: [Leica] Re:[leica] Recent Airport Experience with Bulk film
From: "Wesson, Leo W" <LWWesson@pier1.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 19:56:44 -0500

I tried that at Narita, they hand checked my film and said, you just had 3200 on the top.  busted.
they weren't happy with me.

a kodak rep told me that each xray machine has a 'fingerprint' and if you do experience fog, they could throretically tell you which machine did it.

i personally have never had any problem with xrays. well maybe one roll of 1600 pushed to 6400 that had been xrayed about 4 times. have given up hand checks in the us because it is a lot of trouble.  don't even ask overseas anymore.

heard a story once about an asmp shooter that didn't want to have his 4x5 film xrayed so he put it in a lead bag in his checked luggage.  guess what security did: took out the lead bag and opened all of his film boxes.

leo