Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:[leica] Recent Airport Experience with Bulk film
From: "Jim Laurel" <jplaurel@nwlink.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 15:43:22 -0700

I'll have to second Ted's comments.  I've had my Leicas and film zapped by
hand baggage scanners in about 40 countries, about half of those in the
developing world, often multiple times.  I've never seen a trace of fogging.

Even so, my strategy is to put the film in the lead bags and let them go
through the scanners.  I figure that minimizes exposure.  I've never had a
security officer ask about the bags.  I use the black fabric covered Domke
ones.

- --Jim

From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
> Sorrry Christopher I've been flying way to long over the years all over
the
> world in and out of some of the damndest places with exposed and
un-exposed
> film ( 200 rolls or more at times) hand bag zapped checked a zillion
times,
> yep and rated at ASA 800 and have never ever had film effected any time.
Let

Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Re:[leica] Recent Airport Experience with Bulk film)