Subject: Re: Re[2]: [Leica] Chris Williams, did you see this Panasonic?
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 23:12:59 EDT

In a message dated 10/4/03 6:35:18 PM, sonc@sonc.com writes:

<<  http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2003/1002/pana1_9.jpg >>

I like the clean top panel of the Lumix, very much like a film SLR. It's the
very antithesis of the Oly 5050 I use,
which says digital with flags flying the moment you look at it. Also, the
back panel of the Lumix is simple, almost self-explanatory.

And we're slowly returning to what looks like a real zoom lens. It may even
have a true filter thread. A year from now it won't be easy to tell the
difference between a film and digital camera. Oly is behind the times. Its newest
5060 is contoured to digital design and sports a slower lens than the 5050.
Methinks mfgs were trying to distinguish digital from film products to attract
customers to something different. Common sense seems to be setting in.

A digital M, it can't be. Will Leica or some other outfit make a digital body
that takes Leica M lenses when sensor problems are solved? Probably. But it
seems to me that such a camera would be Leica Light. Waiter, I'll have a Modela
dark.

br

Replies: Reply from "Jim Laurel" <jplaurel@nwlink.com> (Re: Re[2]: [Leica] Chris Williams, did you see this Panasonic?)