Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodak Focus
From: "Barney Quinn" <Barney.Quinn@noaa.gov>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 17:16:56 -0400

I looked at your web site. Impressive stuff. I don't for a minute think that
people can't go great things with digital. But, I also think that digital
advocates vastly underestimate the learning curve involved, and I do think
that they also underestimate what can be done with 6x6 cm and 4x5. In many
ways it's like starting out all over again. It took me over thirty years to
learn how to do silver based photography. I don't have an other thirty years
left, and how I am going to find the time this side of retirement or the
grave to master all this I just don't know. I am not pronouncing digital a
looser, just saying that for me film is far from dead. I work with a great
professional lab. I gave them the same digital files. I can't wait to see
what they came up with.

Barney