Subject: [Leica] Re: R 19 2nd vers. on EOS-300D (aka Canon Rebel Digital)
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@jbm.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 14:37:28 -0400

2003-09-26-00:48:07 Henning Wulff:
> In particular, the Digital Rebel has a new mirror hinge geometry
> which allows lenses to be closer to the sensor. All R lenses should
> work with this body.

Ooh, really?  If someone plausible reports actually having used the
current 19mm R lens (is that the 2nd version, or have there been more
than 2?) on the Pixel Rebel, I'm buying one.  Especially if it seems
pretty clear that the Rebel's actually compatible with more Leica
lenses than the 10D, which I'm assuming is a little more sturdy and
just seems a mite less tacky which is why I've had trouble choosing
between the two.

And, no, I'm nowhere near calling Mr. Wulff's reports unreliable; it's
just that this note still sounds a mite like it's reporting theory
rather than tested practice.

Replies: Reply from Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> ([Leica] Re: R 19 2nd vers. on EOS-300D (aka Canon Rebel Digital))
Message from Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] R 19 2nd vers. on EOS-300D (aka Canon Rebel Digital))