Subject: Re: [Leica] Cameras FS New Store -- Speaking of Nikons
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 04:06:43 -0700

Afterswift@aol.com wrote:

> Mark,
>
> Your stream of consciousness re the Nikon FM made for entertaining and
> informative reading. I still own and use the original FM that can use the old
> meter-coupled or the later era AI Nikkors. The FM is light. It came with a very good
> plastic body low cost f1.8 50mm lens, designated 'E' (electronic, I guess)
> which meant that it was packed with the likes of the plastic EM as well. But the
> glass was excellent. That give-a-way didn't last long. The FM still is an
> ideal complement to my M3.
>
> Best,
> br
> --

After!

E stands for excellent in my book but in this case it means "empty"

Nope that's a quote from Firesign theater it means economy. Some E lenes
are highly regarded they are in plastic mounts that's all which is
common no anyway I think. E or no E the 50 1.8 sells for 99 bucks now
and is widely thought to be "sharper" than the 1.4 and the 60 macro. One
of the sharpest lenses! And lightest too and you don't need a lens hood
for it as it's all built in.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com