Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodak Focus on Digital - Clucking home
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 15:29:43 EDT

In a message dated 9/25/03 11:17:13 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
bdcolen@earthlink.net writes:

> Anyone who says that film will rebound and digital will fade is
>  either smoking crack, or being a troll.
The classic definition of a troll is the little guy under the bridge who
warns you the bridge is about to collapse. If you define a troll as someone who
meanders about in a boat trying to fish, you got the wrong landlubber.

I don't think digital will replace film or vice versa. I believe they'll
coexist indefinitely. Sure, folks are buying digital. They've already bought as
many film cameras as they need. Nikon complained that the reflex market is
saturated.
Now the numbers favor digital. Didn't I buy one this year? I'm part of the
stats you mention. Does that mean that I won't use my Leicas or Nikons or handy
Minox 35. Of course not. And I'm not alone.

br

Replies: Reply from "Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com> (Re: [Leica] Kodak Focus (Now Troll))