Subject: Re: [Leica] Shooting question - an Operating Room
From: "Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 09:52:22 -0500

I've been in a few OR shoots, and the advice Aaron and Tina offer is sound.
The hospital will probably have a PR person in there with you.   They'll
probably repeat the same things you are hearing from us.

If you haven't been in a surgery (vertically) before, I'd warn you that you
may be in for some unpleasant smells and unusual sounds, depending on the
operation.  Saws, drills, lasers and cauterizing tools are common.  It's not
likely to be gory, because of techniques to conserve bleeding, but just the
same be rested and don't eat chili for breakfast; you  don't want  a queasy
stomach.

Oh yeah, and don't put your M bottom plate on the instrument tray when you
change  film.  You will be masked so you can't hold it in your teeth as
usual.

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com