Subject: Re: [Leica] Shooting question - an Operating Room
From: Aaron Sandler <aaron.sandler@duke.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 10:20:28 -0400

All excellent advice from Tina...I'd like to reinforce the "move
slowly."  I'm quite certain that you and your equipment will _not_ be
sterile (ie, you won't have to scrub in).  Therefore, the main thing is to
be very very careful not to touch anything at all, anywhere in the room,
unless someone has specifically told you it's ok.  You have to be aware and
careful not just of your hands, but also your body, head (even covered by
the haircap they'll give you), feet, drape of your scrubs, cameras, film,
etc.

Some of the folks in the OR will likely be watching you very closely and
will help steer you out of trouble, but, take it from me, it's very
embarrassing when you are told off for brushing against something you
shouldn't and you didn't even realize you had done it!

Of course, I'm sure you weren't planning on using a flash or a 12mm lens.
:)  If it were me, I'd bring two bodies, with a 35 on one and a 90 on the
other.  Of course, I only have two bodies...ideally I'd like 3 with a 28, a
50, and a 90.  Step a little further away from the table and all people who
are scrub when changing film...if you drop anything, you don't want it to
land on a sterile area!

Have fun!
Aaron

Replies: Reply from Aaron Sandler <aaron.sandler@duke.edu> (Re: [Leica] Shooting question - an Operating Room)