Subject: Re: [Leica] New Macro-Adapter with other M lenses, was: New LeicaMacro-Elmar M 90/4
From: Lucien <director@ubi.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 16:37:31 +0200

Le mercredi, 24 sep 2003, à 14:42 Europe/Brussels, Dan C a écrit :

> No, I meant that it would seem that if the lens can mount in both the
> adaptor and the camera body directly, then the mounts in the camera
> body
> and the adaptor can't be that dissimilar.

Dan,

They are.

Compare the bayonet on the Macro-Adapter and the bayonet on your camera
body.

On the adaptor, the lock is on the opposite side as on the camera.

Which means that on the Macro-Elmar 90mm there will be two cam at 180
degree of each other.

One used when the lens is mounted directly on the camera and one use
only with the adaptor.

Lucien

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] New Macro-Adapter with other M lenses, was: New LeicaMacro-Elmar M 90/4)