Subject: Re: [Leica] Oriental Asians
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 20:02:15 -0700

frank theriault wrote:

> Hi, Mark,
>
> Audrey Hepburn was not short.  IIRC, she was about 5'7" - not short for a woman.
> In fact, I believe her height was something of a hindrance to her aspirations of
> dancing ballet in a professional company.
>
> I've been in love with her for about 35 years now, since I first saw her in Roman
> Holiday on the late late show one summer night.  I currently have an Audrey
> Hepburn calendar on my wall, and maybe some of those lovely photos of her were
> taken with a Leica (just to get things back to something artificially topical).
>
> She was the embodiment of feminine beauty and grace.  I'm shocked and astonished
> that you used her name in the same sentence as Mr. Van Damme.
>
> Perhaps the lack of oxygen to your brain explains these egregious errors.  Now
> that all of this has been brought to your attention, I trust that you feel the
> appropriate shame.  If so, I forgive you in advance.
>
> ;-)
>
> cheers,
> frank

My heart is with you on Audrey and the Muscle Sprout from Brussel Sprout
but i thought she was short. Wrong sprout. She had to pick all those
mushrooms did she eat her shoe during WWII?
I think of her with her head on Colette's knee. I guess that does not
make her short. I'm sure she stood out in the dance line up in many
way's. She was my favorite actress for years. I loved My Fair lady so
much I think I almost made it my life.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com