Subject: Re: [Leica] 90 macro eye attachment
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 20:44:44 -0700

At 9:42 PM -0400 9/22/03, Don Dory wrote:
>Wouldn't it be an interesting thing if the eyes were useable with the 90
>Elmarit or possibly one of the 135's available?  Perhaps not perfect,
>but useable.
>
>The possibility of adding a closer focusing capability to your every day
>walk around kit is an interesting thought.  Maybe that is why the eyes
>are a separate item, so you can add capability to your system at a
>nominal cost in dollars and bag space.
>
>Don
>dorysrus@mindspring.com

The new closeup attachment will work with other 90's (not 135',
though) unless the new 90 has internal focussing.

If the 90 has full cell focussing, and doesn't change its focal
length during focussing, any other 90 will work with the closeup
attachment.

No need to get the new 90 if the size is no inducement, or if you
carry a 90 Summicron anyways. I'm sure the 90AA would perform
adequately at f/4 and smaller at closer distances.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com