Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Color calibration help needed
From: Nathan Wajsman <n.wajsman@chello.nl>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 06:04:40 +0200

Thanks to everyone for their replies. My OS is actually Win XP, not Apple.
But I have been using Colormatch RGB based on recommendation in Blattner's
Real World Photoshop. My conclusions from all this is:

- - I should recalibrate to a gamma of 2.2 and color temperature of 6500 K
- - I should start using Adobe RGB as the color space in Photoshop
- - I did the right thing with Vuescan.

When you say I should "tag" my images with sRGB after editing in the color
space of my choice, what exactly does "tagging" mean? Do I need to convert
the image to sRGB before saving the JPEG file?

Nathan