Subject: Re: [Leica] DigiBack webpage updated, but still not for the look, sigh
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 17:17:23 EDT

In a message dated 9/20/03 1:03:20 PM, bdcolen@earthlink.net writes:

<< Because Leica

certainly has enough of an engineering and design staff to come up with

something as basic as you're presenting here.

B. D. >>
I assume Leica monitors LUG. So Gregoire's simulation is making a valid
point: there's a market for a digital M.
All that remains is for some engineering genius to come up with a film-like
sensor. That could happen at any time. I'd opt for a separate dedicated digital
M body, but using the same lenses as the film M's. In that case, we might not
need the extension below the base plate. The back-LCD, as Gregoire depicts
it, would make a splendid panel.

br