Subject: RE: [Leica] Digital back for leica, project website
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 10:41:08 -0400

Well, it's viewable in Windows XP with Opera....
That aside...
Wow, did you do allot of work on this...it looks fabulous....BUT...(what
else?)...I think that realistically this would have to be one unit -
back and bottom - that would call for the user to simply remove the
standard M backdoor and bottom plate and then attach the entire digital
unit. I would also guess that because of the rear element-to-sensor
distance issue many folks have raised, the back part would have to be a
good deal thicker than your mockup...

BUT...all of that said, I think that you have basically hit it, and
would hope that Leica - or more likely some Japanese company such as
Cosina - will think about this long and hard.

Thanks for going to all this trouble...

B. D.