Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 and high speed flash
From: Karen Nakamura <>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 09:54:18 -0500

>The answer to that is to get one of those beautiful  Compur Summicrons
>and install synchro contacts.  Good for 1/500 sec.

Hmm... those are Compur shutter lenses  for  Leica? How do they work?
I know that Leica experimented with Compur shutters in the pre-War
period, but they have post-War ones as well???

For daylight synchro flash, it's hard to beat one of the 1960s/1970s
era rangefinders with leaf shutters. My favorite is the Yashica
Electro series, although I have an Olympus 35SP right now on loan
that seems very nice.

Or pull out my RB67..... (talk about boat anchors)

- --
Karen Nakamura

Message from "Richard F. Man" <> (Re: [Leica] M7 and high speed flash)
Message from Jerry Lehrer <> (Re: [Leica] M7 and high speed flash)