Subject: Re: [Leica] black paint
From: Joseph Yao <joseph@yao.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 13:22:52 +0800

on 14/9/03 7:44 am, Jerry Lehrer at jerryleh@pacbell.net wrote:

> I have seen Shintaros website for years, and I know that his
> finish does not last for a working camera.

I didn't realise one can judge the durability of a paint finish from looking
at a website ;-)  ;-)

I have had over forty cameras painted by Shintaro and the finish is very
durable, more so that the current factory black paint, and much more durable
than the original Leitz finish.

As a matter of fact, I find Shintaro's finish too durable and some of my
more heavily used cameras do not brass soon enough.

Cheers,

Joseph

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] black paint)