Subject: Re: [Leica] black paint
From: Feli di Giorgio <feli2@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 18:05:43 -0700

Ok, thanks for the input Jerry. I'll look into that.

I was most worried about getting the chrome/nickel stripped. But a
friend of mine was able to recommend a plating shop here in Hollywood
that deals with lots of delicate items. I'll let you all know how THAT
went in a week or so.

thanks,

feli

On Saturday, Sep 13, 2003, at 16:44 US/Pacific, Jerry Lehrer wrote:

> Feli
>
> It's been a loooong time since I saw an original black M2, and
> I have never seen a new MP.  You aren't making a counterfeit,
> so I suggest semi-gloss epoxy.  After it cures, you can bake it
> at 125 degrees F.  I have been inside the large curing ovens, at
> temperature, to evaluate aircraft part damage and repair.

Civilian or military?

> 150
> degrees is not much fun. (but it's a dry heat :-)
>

> I have seen Shintaros website for years, and I know that his
> finish does not last for a working camera.

> I have had several black chrome Leicas, and they look like
> shit after a few years, but they are just tools, so WTF?

My M6TTL is starting to look like that. Last year it got knocked out of
my hand during a shoot and went flying. Sherry had to replace the
cracked body shell and rebuild it

> Jerry
safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety. 				-Benjamin Franklin

feli2@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] black paint)