Subject: Re: [Leica] black paint
From: Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 12:42:45 -0700

Felice

Isn't it pretty late in the game to be asking those questions?

Speaking as an expert on industrial finishes, I would say that
a semi-gloss epoxy enamel is the finish to use.  Prep before
finish would be a light dust blast, followed by a fog coat of
epoxy primer in a dark gray color.

If you use a Urethane enamel, procedure is slightly different.

Whatever you use, you want to avoid a thick buildup as it
WILL chip if you do.  Also re-assembly will be a bitch!
Make sure that all threaded parts are masked.

Jerry