Subject: Re: [Leica] Canadian Leica Repairs
From: Vick Ko <vick.ko@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 23:57:55 -0400

This is wonderful.

Kinderman has a great reputation, and Gerry Smith is the key craftsman.
I think they are one of the few places that can competently do LTM
cameras too.

For non-warranty work, I go to Reinhold Meuller.  He was head of Leica
repair in Canada when Leitz Midland was around.

Funny, I didn't ever hear anything good about that "other company that
went bust", and am not suprised that they went "bust".

Now I wish I could see Leica gear in Ottawa.  AFAIK, Henry's Camera took
over one of the two stores in Ottawa that handle Leica, and they don't
plan to stock Leicas, and will only order it in.  I may as well as stick
with ebay and LUG and private vendors for gear.

...Vick