Subject: Re: [Leica] LUG FOOLS ( answering p2con)
From: grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 08:35:53 -0500

Adam

Seems like an excuse to me for not posting photos.  I post mine, when I get
the chance, I hardly ever get any comments, so I guess I don't quite meet
the criteria for comments yet, but that is OK, I'm trying and that is what
matters to me.  If I get a comment then that is even better, at least I hit
a chord with the commentor for some reason - Good or Bad.  Yes we have some
big egos here but even they are helpful if you use the comments to improve
your work.  I also learn alot from those who do post.

Gene

                      Adam Bridge
                      <abridge@mac.com>                   To:       leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
                      Sent by:                            cc:
                      owner-leica-users@mejac.palo        Subject:  Re: [Leica] LUG FOOLS ( answering p2con)
                      -alto.ca.us

                      09/10/2003 08:21 PM
                      Please respond to
                      leica-users

On 2003-09-10 sonc@sonc.com (Sonny Carter) thoughtfully wrote:

>There are about 25 people who come to the IRC on a regular basis. It
>is not an exclusive club. It is a fun group. We do not make policy and
>the rules are few.

I had taken the trouble to get the software and visit the IRC room. I
regret the
effort now that the general tone has leaked out.

It's clear that the LUG is NOT a place for thoughtful discussion of
photographs.
I don't know where one is but this isn't the place. I've been hesitant in
the
past to post work to this list, now I think I won't bother in the future.
The
useful comments were always few and not worth the exposure to the comments
of a
bunch of clowns who should know better.

Adam