Subject: [Leica] LUG FOOLS ( answering p2con)
From: Sonny Carter <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 19:48:05 -0700

Hello P2CON,

I wouldn't call what Colin wrote either a critique of Bob's pictures,
nor does it speak for the entire group of IRC.  The was a poll, and
there was agreement of the people on-line at the time that Alfies's
work seems superior.  Hardly sour grape comments.

I think it is nobel of Bob to find a way to post.  I have been seeking
the same for several weeks, and he demurred. Indeed, we have no idea
yet of his credentials to comment on photography.  But it goes deeper
than that.  When he comments on Photography, it is never relative to
the shot, have you noticed?

It is as if this is a chat-room environment, and he feels compelled to
answer every posting, usually with a contrived comment that makes
little sense.

I don't feel I am picking on Bob, in fact I rarely see his writings
anymore as I have blocked his name in my client.

I have looked at the pictures, and while I find a couple of them
interesting subjects, the outcome doesn't justify the Leicas and Oly
5050.  That's OK.  I've shot lots of snaps with my Leica M6.  I do not
see the little kid behind the tree, so I guess it was not a successful
capture, would you not agree?

As to fun with photography, You cannot have not been looking at my
postings, or Kyle's, or Colin's or CZ's or Tina's or . . . well, do I have to run the whole list?
There are about 25 people who come to the IRC on a regular basis. It
is not an exclusive club. It is a fun group. We do not make policy and
the rules are few.

Here's my smile, fellow! ;>D

By the way, where can we see your photography?

Mine is at
http://www.sonc.com

Always,

Sonny