Subject: Re: [Leica] some photographs by Bob Rosen
From: Johnny Deadman <lists@johnbrownlow.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 15:59:41 -0400

Oh that's just silly.  Your scanner is making all sorts of decisions
about levels, gamma and saturation FOR you using dumb values. therefore
what you are seeing is not 'what came out of the camera' but 'what came
out of the camera and had a load of dumb defaults applied to it that
made it look crap'. Unless your prints actually look exactly like that,
in which case I would say invest in a $90 point and shoot and sell the
Leicas.

On Wednesday, September 10, 2003, at 03:33 PM, bdcolen wrote:

> Re suggestions that I do editing with my scanned prints, here I admit
> I'm a
> purist and will not modify images although I have PS on my PC and Mac.
> So what
> you see of my prints is what came out of the camera.
- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com
http://www.unintended-consequences.com