Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica purchase decision conundrum
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 20:33:46 -0600

I cannot agree that the 0.58x finder is fine for the Noctilux and AA. I
have an 0.72x and an 0.58x and there is simply no comparison for
precision focusing. The 0.58x superimposed image is slightly dimmer
and, worse,  slightly fuzzy when compared to the 0.72x. Casual work is
fine but wide open and close in low light is another matter entirely. I
even sent my 0.58x back to Leica to have it checked out. Even worse is
that the 1.25x magnifier does not help as the superimposed image, while
larger, is still slightly fuzzy.

If you do not use your lenses wide open and close in low light then the
it doesn't matter.

John Collier