Subject: Re: [Leica] Recommendations for a fast color-negative film
From: Jim Hemenway <Jim@hemenway.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 20:12:00 -0400

Portra 800

I don't know about it's properties for night sports but it worked very
well for me in a wedding I did this summer... a very dark church
interior in the early evening and then an equally dark restaurant at
night.  I used the R8 with the Summilux and no flash. I also had it in
the Rollei 6008 with the f2 lens.  Results with that were very good as
well.  The prints were smooth, color was robust.  I like Portra 800 more
than I like Fuji Press 800 for that reason.

The family was happy.

All of the Portras are great films, too bad that we'll have to give them
up soon when we all go digital.
- --

Jim - http://www.hemenway.com

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] Recommendations for a fast color-negative film)