Subject: Re: [Leica] Deadman's curves
From: "John Evensta" <jevensta@plateautel.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 13:07:28 -0600

Phong:

I see that Sonny has already posted the URL.

The first action in Deadman'sSharpeners.atn is a hard light, high pass
filter that seems to work well.  Changing the third step to a preferred
opacity (even 10% gives a nice, subtle effect) speeds up the process.
Blatner and Fraser also recommend using a soft light blend mode when the
hard light mode produces too many artifacts or is too harsh (it's easy to
duplicate the action and change the second step to soft light).  In this
case, a radius of about 1.5 for the high pass filter seems about right, and
higher opacity percentages for the duplicated layer can be used.

I haven't tried any of the other sharpeners.

John Evensta