Subject: Re: [Leica] I've quit the Lika Leica club
From: "Red Dawn" <reddawn@singnet.com.sg>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 20:53:58 +0800

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Klein" <pklein@2alpha.net>
Subject: [Leica] I've quit the Lika Leica club

> You may recall that I recently bought a "Lika Leica" Panasonic Lumix LC5.
> Well, I sent it back to the seller and got a full refund.

Hi Peter,

well i'm not surprised by ur findings. It's common knowledge to most in the
digital world that

1) The Digilux is really a Panasonic Camera with the Red Dot badge. Many
chose to think Leica had a hand in designing it. Well maybe Leica did design
the boxy exterior and the red badge, but most certainly not the electronics.

2) The Digilux has inferior image quality to similar Canon, Nikon, Sony
offerings, yet cost more.

I've found most users with no previous experiences with or no knowledge of
Leica or no emotional / financial baggage tied to the German company all
shunned the Panasonic and its clones like plague.

boon hwee

Replies: Reply from Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no> (Re: [Leica] I've quit the Lika Leica club)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] I've quit the Lika Leica club)
Reply from Sonny Carter <sonc@sonc.com> (Re[2]: [Leica] I've quit the Lika Leica club)