Subject: Re: [Leica] Xtol dilutions
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 12:26:24 -0700

Don Dory wrote:

> And for those of the list members into PMK Rei's suggestion works with
> PMK as well.
>
> here's a trick i use to get a lot of developer in a small tank.
> i mix up twice the volume of the tank, and during the agitation
> period corresponding to the middle to the development time, (or
> the one before that if it does not fall in the middle,).  it may
> not be excatly the same as using a giant tank and all the developer
> at once, but it generally seems to work well for me.  i have no
> problem using 1+3 even with films like delta 3200.
>
> i haven't used TMAX, because lately i've been on an ilford diet
> (with the exception of Neopan1600) but the i've been on a bulk-loading
> binge
> lately and you can get TMZ  in 100' rolls...
>
> -rei

If i was going to let Xtol sit for over an hour diluted 1:3 I'd go out
and get some fancy water and change my will.
Which ever comes first.

Don I honesty think your water works but ours may not. And yours may not
on Tuesdays when they clean the system sub pipes.

They tell you with emphases on oxidation problems with ascorbic  acid
being about the only problem.
Don't let it sit. It dies when it sits.
Woof!

Its yours to do or Die-lute!

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com

T-Max 400 in Xtol i hear and have seen is a killer. (A good one) I
gesssed the 8x10's I saw were Tmax 100 in rodinal 1: 50 or 1:75.

I've not done much with the 3200/1600 in Xtol.

I do feel that with Xtol it matters less which film you use it seems to
make them all at least usable if not great.

Replies: Reply from Rei Shinozuka <shino@panix.com> (Re: [Leica] Xtol dilutions)