Subject: RE: [Leica] Xtol dilutions
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 09:09:49 -0400

Daniel,
It wasn't untried.  Mark R. has been using just this combination for
years.  Last, as I knew the lighting she would be shooting under, a
strongly compensating developer would be just the ticket.

Also, I have been using a stronger dilution Xtol for two years on Neopan
1600 and always found good "thick" negatives.  As with all B&W films, up
to the point of losing shadow detail a thinner negative provides a
cleaner image.

But I agree with your point that for important work, going off the deep
end on something completely new is rather foolish.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com

Daniel wrote in part:
And you tested an untried combination on your daughter's film?! Your
boss's I could understand, but your daughters :)

Daniel

Replies: Reply from Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no> (RE: [Leica] Xtol dilutions)