Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: Metric system -- A Feter
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 19:11:46 EDT

In a message dated 9/3/03 1:16:47 PM, dnr@horizon.bc.ca writes:

<< America complains of its' unemployment and a failing economy. Yet you

resist the things which would make your products more saleable on the world

market. Personally, I don't get it! It's like cutting off your nose, to

spite for face! >>

David,

It's culture. Like ethnic food, or language, we gravitate to our roots. US
roots are in the Olde Countree, England. But you gotta admit that the Metric
system doesn't have the equivalent of a foot. If it had a foot, I would accept
Metric -- just speaking for myself. A Feter or a Fetemeter could be a multiple
of centimeters equaling 12 inches. I hope the EC adopts the Fetemeter.
Remember, you heard it on the modest LUG first.

br