Subject: RE: [Leica] New photos/Arbus
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 13:52:21 -0400

I find it more than a little surprising Johnny, that you would, in
effect, say that one has to appreciate anyone's work not to be guilty of
banal superficiality and sniffing ones armpits. I hardly demand
Rembrandt lighting and gooey warm feelings of photographs. You think
Arbus's work is terrific; great. Many people agree with you. I find it
offensive because I think she took advantage of people and held them up
to ridicule. Actually, if that makes me a banal, superficial autoarmpit
sniffer, I'll gladly accept the title. ;-)