Subject: Re: [Leica] New photos/Arbus/Sontag?
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 09:23:02 -0600

I suspect Ted and Eric are not Sontag aficionados. I found her essays
thought provoking and interesting to read. I did not necessarily agree
with her but I appreciated her opening up new avenues to explore. I
find it helpful in my personal photography but I can see that it has
little bearing on the commercial world where a pro has to struggle to
survive.

I live next to a Frank Lloyd Wright (sp?) designed house. It is
certainly not ideally suited to this climate and I have no plans of
tearing down my house to build a copy of it or any other FLW house.
That does not make FLW a waste of my time nor a rogue of questionable
character. His work has value even if it has no practical personal
application.

John Collier