Subject: [Leica] Forcomat Ia & non-autofocus easel...
From: tripspud <tripspud@transbay.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 08:02:50 -0700

Hi,

      It would be an advantage to have my Focomat Ia
autofocus bigger than the small Leitz autofocus
easel.  I've got an 11x14 Saunders/LPL that's 15mm.
At first I thought of attaching some kind of a base
to the easel to make it 25mm, but it just occurred to
me that a more simple and elegant solution is get
a spacer of plastic or metal that's 15mm, set the
autofocus with the pin on the colulmn  for no easel.
Leitz makes a bigger easel but it's not a four blade.

      Any reason this will not work?  Like optical?

      I'm looking ahead here as the Leitz easel is
not here yet.

Thanks!

Rich Lahrson
Berkeley, California