Subject: Re: [Leica] New photos/Arbus
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 06:26:58 -0700

> On Tuesday, September 2, 2003, at 07:34  PM, Luc Bourgeois wrote:
>
> >  In her wonderful and groundbreaking essay, 'On Photography', Susan
> > Sontag<<<

Eric Welch coughed up in retaliation: ;-)
> Choke, gag, sputter!!
>
> You lost me on that one. Susan Sontag is  a hack writer always trying
> to stir things up on subjects she has no business talking about.<<<

Yeah Eric I'd like to offer my coughs and splutters to yours!

She's one of those left brain, right brain, no brain, word types who is
completely meaningless to those who actually spend more time taking
pictures, than blathering about taking pictures.

And for anyone to think what she writes about photography is going to make a
major smashing good difference to their pictures and that her " wonderful
and groundbreaking essay, 'On Photography" is something special, they might
as well get a pixel pencil and draw on rocks!

When this person and topic came up a few years ago on the LUG I thought,
"Well OK buy the book and see what it's all about before you shoot her
down." I did start to read, unfortunately I had to stop because my head got
so sore from banging it against the wall due to her BS and driveling crap
she was espousing, I couldn't take it any longer.

And the book sits in my photo collection un-read! And will stay that way as
I can throw up just so much. ;-)

>>her wonderful and groundbreaking essay, 'On Photography',<<<

Hog wash, it's the kind of BS that would turn a real photographer into a
groundhog!
ted

Replies: Reply from "Mark Pope" <leica.user@ntlworld.com> (Re: [Leica] New photos/Arbus)