Subject: Re: [Leica] Computer question
From: Brian Reid <reid@google.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 11:19:03 -0700

Google uses Linux for our servers. We've had 100% uptime for 4 years.

I use a Mac on my desktop because I like it. My officemate uses Linux on his desktop because he likes it. I put black tape over the Apple logo...

Use the right tool for the job. Don't fall in love with your tools, but it's OK to like them. I have a Windows machine too, and I use it when it's the right thing to use.

The LUG runs on FreeBSD servers, which are a variant of Unix that is not Linux.
They are reliable, too.