Subject: Re: [Leica] National Geographic scandal
From: tripspud <tripspud@transbay.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 15:00:15 -0700

Hi Jon!

      I'm a fan of Ken Nordine.  The 'Vidiot' is from one ofhis
late '50s LP (I've gotta have a set!!  These pains are killing me!!)
Ken Nordine does the Folger's coffee voice, probably most familiar,
and makes his money still doing the voice in commercials.  But
his 'Word Jazz' is, in beat lingo, 'the most'.  I got a chance to see
him life a few years ago.  The Greatful Dead were mostly there
and they had just released a CD with him 'Devout Catalyst'.

      Some years ago Ken Nordeen also broadcasted some of
his 'Word Jazz' on public radio.  I've got about 5 hours recorded,
mostly newer material than the late '50s.

Cheers,

Rich Lahrson
Berkeley, California
tripspud@transbay.net