Subject: [none]
From: William Ravenel <wmrav@triad.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 12:11:13 -0400

Phong,

I agree with the other replies that the choice is between the first
and third image. I seem to be in the minority, however, because I
really like the third image much better than the first for several
reasons:

1. The angle of the musician's face is much more flattering and
expressive than the profile in the first image.
2. The bright reflections on the violin in the first are distracting.
3. The lighting in the third leads me to focus on what I thing are
the three most important points in the image - the musician's face,
the left fingering hand, and the right bowing arm.

All in all this is a very beautiful and dramatic image as presented.
If I had any suggestion at all it would be from a father's
perspective. If this were my daughter, I think I would prefer a
little lighter version revealing more of her form. I tried this in PS
by moving the middle levels adjustment slider a little to the left
and liked the results.

Will Ravenel
Greensboro, NC