Subject: RE: [Leica] MP upgrade
From: "Kit McChesney | acmefoto" <kitmc@acmefoto.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 19:16:13 -0600

Feli--

Well, the entire rangefinder assembly is not replaced, no. That would cost
around $1200 plus. It is the viewfinder itself that is removed and replaced
with the MP-style finder. Well worth the money, I'd say, if you are bound
and determined to have that viewfinder in your camera. If you find that
flare isn't a problem for you, then I'd say fuggeddaboudit. That is, some
are really hankering for that finder and won't buy a new camera without it,
others can't see what all the fuss is about. I think it's probably a bit
like the Noctilux issue ... either you gotta have it, or you don't gotta
have it.

Let me know if you have any more questions, and I can ask more technical
questions of our parts/repair folks and clarify.

Best--

Kit