Subject: Re: [Leica] National Geographic scandal
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 10:56:04 -0700

Of course it does. Do photographers give birth to their photos? No.
They use extensions to their hands called cameras. And what would be
the the line you draw how far from the actual film you are before it's
no longer nature photography? To take it to an absurd extreme, do
people with long cable releases need to be worried?

On Friday, August 29, 2003, at 07:04  AM, Charles E Cason Jr wrote:

> Watching the NG channel yesterday I saw a wild life
> photographer getting his shots in by using motion trip
> cameras at a watering hole.  Beautiful shots, but I don't
> think he was holding the camera.  Does this count as nature
> photography?

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

Never miss a good chance to shut up.  - Will Rogers.