Subject: Re: [Leica] National Geographic scandal
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 11:14:42 EDT

In a message dated 8/29/03 5:32:57 AM, bdcolen@earthlink.net writes:

<< Am I not correct in thinking that many times over the years the Geo has
in fact shown in great detail how it is "set up" nature shots, closing
off a little area of a stream with Plexiglas, cutting a piece out of a
tree to create a window onto a nest, etc. etc. I've always assumed that
these kinds of things were done...realistically, how else would one get
allot of these kinds of shots? >>

A few years ago PBS produced a documentary on how most of these shots are
made. The methods used were ingenious. I recall a photographer who moved the
elements of a natural scene indoors to get his shots.

br

Replies: Reply from Dennis Painter <dennis@hale-pohaku.com> (Re: [Leica] National Geographic scandal)