Subject: Re: [Leica] National Geographic scandal
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 11:00:12 EDT

In a message dated 8/29/03 6:08:16 AM, cec@vbe.com writes:

<< Watching the NG channel yesterday I saw a wild life

photographer getting his shots in by using motion trip

cameras at a watering hole.  Beautiful shots, but I don't

think he was holding the camera.  Does this count as nature

photography? >>

Yes, because behind that image is a lot of experience and knowledge; they
hold the camera, but the preparatory work, time and mind of the photographer
actually make the images possible. For example, it was Hitchcock's vision of the
shot that directed the camera with the cimephotographer actually doing the
mechanical work.
In effect, Hitchcock was the true photographer because he composed the shot
by direction.

br

Replies: Reply from "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl> ([Leica] boat trip on scala)