Subject: [Leica] Acmefoto Views for September 2003
From: "Kit McChesney | acmefoto" <kitmc@acmefoto.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 08:31:47 -0600

Dear LUG'ers--

Howdy and good morning on a gorgeous sunny day in the Rocky Mountains! Since
it's officially Friday here and most everywhere else, we want to share some
of the latest Leica buzz with you from Acmefoto. Have a great holiday
weekend!

Kit

=====

Welcome to Acmefoto Views | September 2003

In this issue:

- --Acmefoto Forum
- --Leica Debuts New Limited Edition Hermes-MP Camera and Lens
- --Leica Announces Digital Back for R-System Cameras
- --Leica Introduces New Summicron-M 90mm f/2 Black Paint Lens
- --Leica Debuts New Ultravid Binocular Line
- --New Televid 62 Straight Armored Spotting Scope
- --Leica and Billingham Team Up on Bags for M-System
- --Leica USA Ready to Retrofit Your M with the MP Viewfinder
- --Thank you to all our clients

=====

- --Acmefoto Forum

Acmefoto now has its own Foto Forum, where you can post messages to other
Leica users, ask questions, learn about new products, post product reviews,
and even sell your wares! Visit the Foto Forum and contribute your knowledge
to your fellow Leica fans and users. And each month, we will randomly select
one of the Foto Forum users for a special drawing for an Acmefoto Gift
Certificate. So get out there and start chatting! To reach the Foto Forum,
go to our Web site, at www.acmefoto.com, click on Foto Forum in the
left-hand navigation column, and sign up!

- --Leica Debuts New Limited Edition Hermes-MP Camera and Lens

Leica has announced that once-yearly, it will produce one special M camera
in a limited edition. This year, Leica introduces the Leica MP Hermes
Edition, a limited, silver chrome version of the Leica MP 0.72 with silver
chrome Summicron-M 35mm f/2 ASPH lens. Hermes selected the finest Barenia
calf leather for the camera's housing and camera strap. The lens hood is
made of brass with silver chrome finish and is accompanied by a soft velour
carrying pouch. The camera and lens will be manufactured in a quantity of
500 worldwide, and will be numbered on both camera and lens, in matching
numbers, with serials 001/500 through 500/500. Acmefoto is pleased to
announce that we are one of the few dealers in the United States carrying
the camera. Please visit our Web site and take a look! (This camera looks
delicious!)

- --Leica Announces Digital Back for R8/R9 System Cameras to debut at
Photokina 2004

The buzz is out! By now you have probably heard about Leica's introduction
of the Digital-Modul-R, the 10 megapixel digital back designed to fit the
LEICA R8 and R9 cameras, making the R8/R9 system cameras the first 35mm
camera in the world to function in both digital and analog mode for creating
images. Leica plans to introduce the Digital-Modul-R at Photokina 2004, but
Acmefoto is already taking reservations for the product, and will be happy
to put your name on the list. The anticipated price is estimated to be
between $4500 and $5000 USD. For further information, please contact us at
digitalback@acmefoto.com.

- --Leica Introduces New Summicron-M 90mm f/2 Black Paint Lens

Leica has introduced a black paint version of the popular Summicron-M 90mm
f/2 Black Paint lens, adding another black paint element to the MP or other
black paint camera user's outfit. These lenses are being manufactured in a
limited run (1000 for the world), so please contact us as soon as possible
so that we can reserve one for you. All the specifications of the lens are
the same as the black and silver chrome versions, but the finish is the
classic black enamel paint. The stock number for this new lens is 11636.

- --Leica Debuts New Ultravid Binocular Line

Leica has introduced a new line of binoculars that meet and exceed all the
specs of the legendary Trinovid line, but are lighter in weight and brighter
in light-gatering capacity. The new binoculars, available in 7, 8 and 10 x
42, and 8, 10, and 12 x 50, are constructed of all-metal housings in
high-strength magnesium, with a center axis shaft in titanium. Each
binocular is housed in a soft-touch rubber armoring. A special
leather-housed edition in 8 and 10 x 42 is also available. These binoculars
will ship from late September through early November, and we expect them to
become quite a hot item for the holiday season.

- --New Televid 62 Straight Armored Spotting Scope

Catering to the spotting scope user who needs extra protection in the field,
Leica has introduced an armored version of the very popular Televid 62 APO
Straight Scope, and the Televid 62 Straight Scope. The specs on these scopes
are the same as their non-armored Televid 62 counterparts, but carry a
tough, hardened rubber housing to further protect them from weather and
heavy use.

- --Leica and Billingham Team Up on Bags for M-System

Billingham has created a beautiful and functional bag for the M-user, one
that will accommodate a camera and two lenses and a flash and accessories,
or two bodies and a lens and flash, or any similar configuration typical of
an M-System user (see our configuration diagrams on the detail page for the
new Billinghams). The bags are impeccable in their craftsmanship, with
moveable dividers inside, leather trim, and heavy-duty buckles, snaps and
straps. The new Billingham M-Bags are available in black and khaki. To see
what these gorgeous bags really look like, visit our Web site, scroll to the
bottom of the home page, and click on the box labeled "Billingham Bags."

- --Leica USA Ready to Retrofit Your M with the MP Viewfinder

For all of you who have heard the rumors, the truth is out! Leica is
prepared to retrofit your M camera (M6, M7) with the new viewfinder now
available in the MP and recent versions of the M7. The viewfinder is an
improvement over previous versions, with less flare and enhanced contrast in
the viewfinder. Leica will perform the replacement for $275.00, including
shipping and handling, and will take approximately 3 weeks to complete. If
you are interested, please contact us and we will make arrangements to send
your camera to Leica for you.

- --Thank you to all our clients

Acmefoto would like to thank all our clients for a wonderful year thus far.
We look forward to seeing you again, and to helping you with all your Leica
camera, lens, sport optic and projection needs. If you have any questions,
please feel free to contact us on our toll-free line, at 866-450-2263, or
via email, at info@acmefoto.com.

Best regards--

Kit McChesney
Lesley Johnson

acmefoto | acme online sales, inc
post office box 777 | louisville, colorado 80027 usa
www.acmefoto.com | info@acmefoto.com
- --
U.S. and Canada: toll-free +1 866.450.2263
Outside the U.S. and Canada: +1 303.664.0684
Fax: +1 303.664.0685