Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: Leica 90mm f/4.0 Elmar C prices
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infionline.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 21:14:24 -0400

At 07:59 PM 8/26/03 EDT, Afterswift@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 8/26/03 4:53:12 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>msmall@infionline.net writes:
>
>> A number of Telyts do so, such as the 4.5/20cm.  I believe that all 4/9cm
>>  or 90mm Elmars stop down to either f/36 (European aperture scale) or f/32
>>  (International scale).
>>
>Still it's rare to find a lens for a 35mm that stops down to f32. I've never
>seen f32 on a Nikon lens.

Well, we ARE speaking about REAL cameras here, aren't we?  Those "lesser
breeds without the Law" just do enough to get by, while Ernst Leitz Wetzlar
goes the extra distance to meet ALL of your needs!  (And I suspect that
some, if not all, Nikon MF and View Camera lenses stop down to f/32 or below.)

Most Kilfitt and many Steinheil lenses also stop down to f/32 or f/36.

Marc

msmall@infionline.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!