Subject: Re: [Leica] In the Parish Hall
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 15:01:37 EDT

In a message dated 8/25/03 11:45:41 AM Pacific Daylight Time, sonc@sonc.com
writes:

> I was attempting to capture their energy.  Too bad I could not transfer it
>  to me!

SonC,

I grasped that the shot related to you in a highly personal way. It seems
like a kind of pageant you see in Medieval tapestries, where you see
processionals or spectacle. The similar approach is in many of Breugels paintings, where
there's no centralizing element.

You were celebrating an important moment in your social life that is precious
and you wanted to preserve. There's absolutely nothing wrong with using a few
words along with the image so the viewers understand its significance. I'm
not addicted to the dictum that images should speak for themselves. I like
context. That's why we have captions designed into most of our word processors,
image editing and page makeup applications.

re: http://www.sonc.com/in_the_parish_hall.htm

br