Subject: Re: [Leica] What a prosumer camera is
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 12:43:53 -0700

Afterswift@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 8/21/03 11:29:42 AM, jon.stanton@comcast.net writes:
>
> << I didn't buy Leica Ms so that I could have $2000 P&Ss..;-) >>
>
> Even if you set a Leica lens for DOF or Hyperf, you're still ahead of a P&S.
> There's more to a professional approach than that. You need to select the
> correct shutter speed and aperture and be conscious of how the incidental light is
> falling. If you use an M with that sort of perspective, it's no P&S.
>
> br
> --

My new dafynition of what "prosumer" really means.

A prosumer piece of photo gear has so many ridiculous features
that a Pro would sumer be caught dead than be caught dead with one. If
you catch my drift.
(He'd be alive then?)

Mark Rabiner
Owner of a digital camera with a thousand features of which he
understands !!TEN!!.
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com

It also means that although the camera has a thousand features half of
which they forgot to put in the guide under ANY language it's is priced
as if it's a camera which has 10 or 20 features.
IE they dont lower the price to get sales the add features.

Point three! (And you thought i only had two you didn't rub me the wrong way!)

The term "point and shoot' connotes how many features?  I say one or two.

Replies: Reply from "Jon" <jon.stanton@comcast.net> (Re: [Leica] What a prosumer camera is)