Subject: RE: [Leica] New PAWs (2 images)
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 09:13:23 -0400

Jim,

http://members.rogers.com/jmcdesigns/jamesstreet/PAW/08-22-2003.htm

Others have commented on the second image which is a fine fusion of
suspense, light, and expression.

The first image of the glass blower is problematic.  I know how hard it
is to force a quivering lens back into the fire.  The trick would have
been a longer lens and wait for at least a profile of the glass blower.
All of the stuff to the right of the glass blower doesn't really add to
the image.  The image is the furnace on the left, the glassblower and
the glob of red hot glass on the rod.

However, as an extended essay on glassblowing the image would work as an
illustration of a work station.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring