Subject: [Leica] OT Digital Pixels question
From: "langhans" <langhans@compwrx.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 07:06:18 -0700

A question.

If a camera says it is 5 MP, does it count a pixel as RGB or does an RGB
pixel count as three pixels, one red, one green and one blue?  I know the
Foveon chip has the RBG info in the same sensor spot while other chips have
a pattern of sensors to record what ends up as a pixel.   If I set up my
monitor to be 800x600, I think I understand that to be 800 R, 800G and 800 B
phosphors across, so I will see 800 full color spots of resolution.

Aram

Replies: Reply from Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] OT Digital Pixels question)