Subject: [Leica] god help me...but God isn't available right now, Jack
From: "Buzz Hausner" <buzz.hausner@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 19:21:01 -0400

Jack, God signed off the LUG about eight months ago and boy was he
pissed.

It seems like you are asking us to tell you what to buy.  You must bear
in mind that each expression of a lens has its own personality and that
lens' personality may or may not suit your needs.  Add to this
impossible situation that individual lenses from among one expression
may vary wildly from one another.

The best advice I can give you is to buy a lens, use it a lot, discover
its assets, faults, and idiosyncrasies and learn to use it to best
advantage.  The lens I love may not be the lens you will love and there
is no substitute for trying the different lenses and
seeing...SEEING...which one suits your needs best.  Most of the 2.8s run
within a hundred bucks or so of one another, used, except for the most
recent.  Don't be afraid to find a good shop and swap 'em around a bit.
Borrow from your friends or other photographers you know.

Seeking advice, even God's, on the LUGF isn't going to solve the
equation for you.

	Buzz Hausner