Subject: Re: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 33: On the rollercoaster
From: Johnny Deadman <lists@johnbrownlow.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 10:00:44 -0400

This is why everyone who works with digital pictures should calibrate
their monitors and profile-convert into sRGB when posting to the web
(AND embed a profile in the jpeg). Even if there is no guarantee that
someone using a non-calibrated monitor will see the image as intended,
people who actually care about pictures will see it properly. And you
should then be able to avoid gross color casts like this.

On Wednesday, August 20, 2003, at 07:18 AM, n.wajsman@chello.nl wrote:

> Thanks for looking. This is the frustration with the colors I referred
> to. When I was adjusting levels in PS on my desktop PC, it looked
> fine. Then when I looked at it on my notebook, I did see the green
> cast you mention, and the overall image was darker. I thought of going
> back to the desktop and readjusting the image, but then what's the
> point--whatever I do, I have no guarantee that people viewing it on
> their monitors will see what I see on mine. With B&W the problem is
> obviously less severe, which is one reason why I post B&W much more
> than color.
- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com